TenForTek is seeking a part-time mid-level technically savvy Business Development Manager to help grow our client base from San Luis Obispo to Thousand Oaks, California. The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to communicate TenForTek's Web, Data and Business Support Services to decision makers and influencers in order to acquire new business accounts.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual interested in a career in business support services. The role will provide a great introduction to our business and is ideal for someone seeking a fun and challenging part-time role while gaining further experience that could potentially lead to a full-time career opportunity.
This role involves researching companies and contacts, inbound and outbound campaigns, and qualifying each opportunity. The Business Development Manager works to help generate new customer accounts, which result in reoccurring business account services.
The Business Development Manager must become well versed in the web, data and business services relevant to the marketplace and decision maker. This individual will interact and work collaboratively with the Executive Director. A successful Business Development Manager recommends and adapts to changes and has excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Connecting with prospects using phone and email and responding to all leads and questions
- Procuring a minimum of five or more quality opportunities per week
- Documenting daily activities in CRM
- Working closely with the Executive Director to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into target market accounts
- Recommending process enhancements for more targeted demand generation efforts and improved selling techniques
- Representing TenForTek with integrity and professionalism at all times in all written and oral communications
Education and Training
- 1-2 years sales or 1-2 years marketing experience
- Prior experience with CRM software preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Skype, Social Media and Networking sites
- Previous account entry and lead qualification experience preferred
- Proven ability to research and prospect using telephone, email and online networking sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an absolute focus on quality of work
- Must have high-speed Internet access and quiet professional office area to work remotely.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
Please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter describing your applicable background and experience for this role, including your salary requirement/history in text format via the form process provided.
Recruiters and Placement Agencies
If you are interested in becoming an authorized employment agency / recruiter for TenForTek, please contact our human resources department using our contact form. Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes from recruiters or third party agencies, unless there has been a prior written agreement with the recruiter or agency to do so.